It is the morning after the 1972 FA Cup final. Jack Charlton and Billy Bremner are in their hotel room. Both have polished off a full English breakfast, the newspapers are all over the floor and Bremner is smoking his first cigarette of the day.
John Varley had been staying in the same hotel as the players after Leeds United’s victory over Arsenal at Wembley Stadium. He knocked on their door on his way out, asked if he could take a picture and snapped one of the sport’s iconic images.
CHARLTON AND BREMNER
- Image-only orders are printed on Fujicolour Crystal Archive DPII professional photographic paper.
- Framed photographs are printed on Epson Enhanced Matte 189gsm.
- Our products are framed and mounted, and come complete with traditional hanging hardware (D ring and cord).
- Our responsibly-sourced wooden frames are 22mm x 22mm and come in three options: black, white and oak.
- We use Clarity+ acrylic glazing and MDF board.
- Our frames are sourced from European materials for quality and environmental purposes.
- All our frames are approved by the Fine Arts Trade Guild.
Our stock photograph size is 8in x 12in (20cm x 30cm). Customers should note, however, that the dimensions of each photograph are different and the end product may be slightly different to the advertised size.
If you would like to order a different size, please contact us via email. As each of our products is bespoke and produced to-order, we are happy to quote for different sizes and specifications.
In the unfortunate and rare circumstance that you receive a damaged frame, we will replace it on a priority basis completely free of charge.